user option magit-status-refresh-hook
Hook run after a status buffer has been refreshed.
user option magit-status-margin
This option specifies whether the margin is initially shown in Magit-Status mode buffers and how it is formatted.
The value has the form
(INIT STYLE WIDTH AUTHOR AUTHOR-WIDTH).
- If INIT is non-nil, then the margin is shown initially.
- STYLE controls how to format the author or committer date. It can be one of
age(to show the age of the commit),
age-abbreviated(to abbreviate the time unit to a character), or a string (suitable for
format-time-string) to show the actual date. Option
magit-log-margin-show-committer-datecontrols which date is being displayed.
- WIDTH controls the width of the margin. This exists for forward compatibility and currently the value should not be changed.
- AUTHOR controls whether the name of the author is also shown by default.
- AUTHOR-WIDTH has to be an integer. When the name of the author is shown, then this specifies how much space is used to do so.
Also see the proceeding section for more options concerning status buffers.